International Health Certificates

Dr Walden is accredited by the USDA to write Interstate and International Health Certificates. This can be an easy or complicated process depending on where you are trying to travel with your pet. For all certificates, a current list of vaccines from your veterinarian is required along with a Rabies certificate. Ideally, a Rabies certificate signed in blue ink (not a copy). If you don’t have an original, don’t worry as not all countries require it. It also helps to know if your dog/cat is microchipped and by which company..we can help you with this if you don’t know.
1. If you are traveling between states then all you need to do is make an appointment. Cost is an exam fee of $56

2. If you are flying to Hawaii make sure you have read through this website. The cost is $275 plus labwork, flea medications, vaccines if needed.

Click here to learn more about traveling to Hawaii.

3. If you are planning on traveling with your pet out of the country please know that some countries require up to 9 months of preparation before your pet is ready to travel. Cost ranges from $100-$275 depending on which country you are going to. Additional costs depend on the country and what tests and/or treatments they require. Some countries require extensive labwork that can run anywhere between $270 and $500 dollars (Australia)

Click here to visit the USDA website.

If you would like to travel with your pet out of the country please follow the followng steps:

1. Go to the USDA website and look up your destination’s requirements
2. We can help with the health certificates but you are responsible for airline requirements and import permits. Please contact the airline which you are flying with and make sure you meet their requirements.
3. Fill out the following form…and you should hear back from Dr Wendy or a staff member about scheduling an appointment
4. Dr Walden will email you back typically within 72 hours with a reply and rough plan
5. Call the front desk and make an appointment for a consult after the form is submitted. By filling out the form ahead of time, Dr Walden will have had time to prepare for your visit.

Please fill out the form below to request an international health certificate.

After the paperwork is filled out, many countries require that your paperwork is endorsed by the USDA. This is the last step for many international health certificates and we will let you know when to take your paperwork here. Please plan around them as it can take 24-48 hours to get your paperwork endorsed, there is additional cost and they have specific hours that you can drop off your paperwork.

USDA Office in Austin
900-948 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701
(512) 383-2400
We cherish your pet as though they were family.


3300 Woodall Dr.
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Click here for directions.



Mon-Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sun: Closed
Click here to request an appointment online.